Build, develop, enhance and grow your leadership impact.
Programs are designed for nurses of all levels of experience
All programs are discounted for ANA members.
Make Your Voice Heard
ANA Works for You on the National Level
Federal lobbying on issues important to nursing and health care
Representing nursing in federal agencies and even at the White House
Speaking for nursing through the national media
Speaking for U.S nurses internationally
Your State Nurses Association works for you on theState Level
Protecting your Nursing Practice Act
Advocating at the state level
Strengthen the Nursing Profession
Join a committee and boards at the national, state and local level and help shape nursing.
Take member surveys and influence ANA’s agenda.
Join grass roots advocacy efforts.
Donate to the ANA-PAC and help support pro-nursing Members of Congress from all parties.
ANA’s Nurses Strategic Action Team (N-STAT) makes it easy for you to unite with your colleagues across the nation and let lawmakers know how you feel. It keeps you up to speed on key bills as they move through Congress and lets you know when your e-mails, phone calls and letters will make the most impact.
Build Your Network
Get to Know your Peers
Meet other members at local and national meetings, committees and on social media.
As an ANA & State member, you are a full voting member in the American Nurses Association and your state nurses association.
Talk to other members across the country in the ANA Online Community
• Earn recognition through the NNA Awards program. Become eligible for nomination to
state boards, commissions, and agencies.
• Advance your nursing practice – apply for a practice grant through the Nebraska Nurses
• Meet and network with nursing and healthcare leaders in practice, legislation, academics,
research, and other areas.
Stay Up to Date on Nursing Issues & News
• Explore job openings through the online NNA Career Center.
• Access the latest news and resources on members’ only pages of the NNA website.
• Network and raise your visibility by volunteering with NNA.
• Enjoy members-only savings on events, including NNA Convention and Annual Meeting.
• Protect yourself with NNA-discounted Professional and Supplemental Liability Insurance.
• Plan for the future with Long-Term Care Insurance.
Support a Stronger, More Influential Nursing Profession
• Support NNA’s advocacy for nurses at the Nebraska Legislature.
• Help NNA protect and safeguard your Nursing Practice Act.
• Participate in political and campaign activities through the NNA-PAC.
• Apply for the opportunity to receive advocacy training in partnership with NNA at the
American Nurses Association Advocacy Institute.